With our performance in the CIT and a large majority of our team returning next year I hope that has opened some eyes around the country and we can get invited to an early non conference tournament. Do they still do the Great Alaskan Shoot Out? Just one example.
Even if we take a buy in tournament, it’s safe to say most of us are looking forward to next year already.
A few things I expect from the offseason:
- Unfortunately at least 2 transfers....I like TJ and Jevon as players, but I would understand if they left due to lack of playing time.
- At least one Juco/Transfer signing
- A plan moving forward from the athletic department to address declining ticket sales, whether that be through promotions, decrease in price, increased advertising/media presence, etc...
A few things I’m looking forward to:
- Amari Davis. This kid looks like the real deal. The more film I watch of him, the more I think he can eventually be an all-league player and one who can contribute in year one.
- Hopefully a marquee home game
No question about it they need help with marketing, advertising and additional game promotions. The game day atmosphere needs help in general especially at the Resch Center. I don't know that a decrease in price will help them much as all post season games were less than regular season and affordable and they still didn't draw 3,000 fans. Thoughts?
Post by GBPhoenix1 on Apr 13, 2019 11:09:25 GMT -6
I agree with both of the above posts. Curtis says he has 4 years to play and I don't understand how that is possible when he played in 9 of 34 games and will likely have to sit out a year if he stays D1.